Who doesn’t love decorating; and doing it with something you made out of random scraps and almost no money put into it certainly is fulfilling! In this DIY I am going to show you how to do just that.
Pallet boards or other similar wood
Hammer and nails
Black and white paint and paintbrushes
1. Cut four boards 3.5″ by 12″ and two 3.5″ by 10″.
2. Here’s the tedious part- sand all the boards VERY well since pallet boards tend to be pretty rough.
3. Lay the 12″ boards in a row to make a rectangle. Use the 10″ boards to fasten the other boards together. Nail them in place.
4. Paint the plaque white, making sure to catch the sides. You won’t need to do the paint too thick as you will be sanding some of it off in the next step.
5. Once the paint is dry, sand some of it off to give it a rustic look.
6. Use stencils to trace the words onto the plaque, or if you’re good enough, do it freehand!
7. Fill in the letters with black paint.
8. Once the paint is totally dry do a little more sanding on the words to finish it off.
You’re finished! Use this for a lovely gift or add it to your home décor. Be sure to stop and think about the message. “Let all that you do be done with love.” 1 Corinthians 16:14
-Art credits to Kinza Weaver -Photography credits to Ginger Weaver